Latest Forum Post
that is what I am also getting with mine, the more people take part, the better it is
using fearless frogs torrent am getting steady constant download speed of 665kb/s , that is outstanding for my cable package i have.
old download was terrible was averaging a 06kb/s to 30kb/s . my machine was on all night not even half way downloaded garbage set up from the developer team, they need to set up better servers in future.
if you use this
you will also dl more quickly, the problem right now is that the upload speed of the torrent is too slow, that is why we are getting slower dl speeds.
ok someone with a brain finally uploaded NEW nttr map as a torrent share file, am getting a nice download rate now,
get the file here.
......................................................from dcs forums fearlessfrog
I bet that title got your attention, so now we just need to make it true..
In talking to c0ff and "the developer", a couple of us suggested we could do a community torrent to help out people that are struggling with download speeds of the NTTR 26GB part. I know that's not the only part, but I figured everything would help. This would just be a one-off thing to help out in the short-term, as c0ff is busy fixing things up as part of the alpha. It isn't how updates will work normally.
The idea is this:
- PM me here (i.e. don't reply on the thread) if you have a seedbox with good bandwidth available and want to help. Let me know your capacity in terms of upload bandwidth etc. If you have a good seedbox then I'll send you a CDN'd http link of the completed torrent (I kept them before the updater removed them). Someone (I guess with the best connection) will create the initial torrent and then a small group of community minded folk will seed it to get things going.
- I am uploading an archive of the NTTR map at the moment (it'll be about an hour), which is 99% complete (I'll explain that bit in minute). Once we get organized then others will seed that too and we'll release it to everyone. This means my single source is not crushed. I'll post the torrent info in this thread for everyone as soon as we are ready.
- The torrent can be used in any bittorrent client (transmission, utorrent etc) and you can also continue to download any existing torrent or HTTP download (so don't cancel!). It is just the NEVADA terrain part, and not the complete install. If you can, please seed it and help everyone out.
- Once the torrent is done and hopefully it will be well seeded so it'll be nice and quick, then the instructions are:
(a) Take this NEVADA_terrain.common directory from the public torrent and place it in your DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\_downloads\.torrents directory.
(b) Start the updater with a 'bin\dcs_updater install NEVADA_terrain' and it'll find the almost completed files, verify that everything is correct and then download that 1% it needs.
(c) We all go to Vegas sooner.
Thanks to "the developer" and c0ff for letting this experiment happen. Remember, this is just providing a fair chunk of the data, not updating DCS so hopefully a nice short-cut for all!
he says its 26 gig, according to my torrent downloader the file is 22.4 gig, coming down nice fast for me now the map anyway.
oh ic we need to download that last 1% via updater , got it now.
0De Havilland Vampire First Flight - Jet Aircraft Museum
By: LockOnFiles_Team · 11/30/2015
0Textron AirLand - Scorpion Light Strike RIAT 2015 [1080p]
By: LockOnFiles_Team · 11/25/2015
313Animated Short Films, Trailers & Videos - post them here !
By Tom_Weiss · Started
- Professional Flight Model that accurately mimics the performance and flight characteristics of this legendary trainer
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
- Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
- Fully modelled weapon system
- Accurate L-39C model with correct country markings
- Detailed modelling of the L-39 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Fly from either the front seat or back seat
- Planned cooperative multiplayer in the same aircraft (not available at release)
This was a rather busy quarter : completely new website code which made moving to a new server necessary and then three new updated themes had to be created as well , and as always, we still waiting later this month for a new code patch and the last update before we are finished.
All this was worth it as we are now compatible with new browsers and OS and the website runs better. Next Quarter we won't have the added expenses again and will have only the usual fees to pay.
All these updates could be done thanks to all who contributed to pay our website Quarterly Fees :
EricJ56, golfsierra2, luxlumen, Maico, MadBird, zoogie45 and ZoomBoy
it is thanks to guys like you , specially to Zoomboy - that we manage quarter after quarter for these past ten years, to keep our website open
This Wednesday, September 30th, Prepar3D v3 will be available for purchase and digital download via the Prepar3D Store. Prepar3D v3 allows developers and users to build and experience advanced simulated training environments using a new slate of features that simplify development and augment the training experience.
Prepar3D v3 further simplifies training scenario creation with major updates to SimDirector, the industry leading simulation courseware creation tool. Prepar3D v3 also welcomes enriched training capabilities by incorporating Autodesk® Scaleform® support, which improves the user interface and expands gauge and panel training capabilities. The new release also features a new avatar mode that enables users to exit their vehicle and experience the simulated environment in first or third person for increased realism and situational awareness.
Prepar3D v3 continues the tradition of being the most affordable high-fidelity visual simulation platform on the market. Many of the features and updates were directly driven by the community and the user base of Prepar3D. We look forward to continuing the conversation and reading your feedback on the Prepar3D Forum. The detailed list of exciting new features and capabilities can be found in the What’s New in v3 Release Notes!
Anyone who has Purchased in the last 60 days can request a refund and then buy v3 as a Solution to those recent purchases.
Excellent news :
Edited by Tom_Weiss
The Albatros module will be released as an open beta in September 2015 along with DCS World 1.5.0. This version will use the new rendering engine, but only include the Black Sea map.
The Fighter Collection with Eagle Dynamics are happy to announce that DCS: L-39 is available for pre-purchase from the DCS E-Shop. The pre-purchase provides both a 20% discount off the retail price and access to the Open Beta coming in September 2015.
Store at DCS E-Shop
DCS: L-39 will sell for $49.99 at September 2015. Pre-purchase now for $39.99 and save 20%!
In addition to the 20% purchase discount, pre-purchasers will receive a 20% full-price value in bonus points for future purchases!
The L-39 Albatros is a low-wing, high-performance jet aircraft that doubles as a trainer and light attack aircraft. The Albatros was developed in Czechoslovakia in the 1960s to replace older L-29 jet trainers. Powered by an Ivchenko AI-25TL turbofan engine, the L-39 has a top speed of Mach 0.80, a service ceiling of 11,000 m (36,100 feet), and can pull up to 8 G. Although primarily used as a trainer and light attack aircraft, the L-39 has also become popular with several aerial acrobatics demonstration teams.
Being a trainer aircraft, the L-39C has a tandem cockpit with the student in front and the instructor in the back. The instructor has several controls to mimic system failures to test the student. The L-39C also has two underwing pylons for bombs, rockets and close range air-to- air missiles. For decades, the L-39 was used by nations around the world to train pilots that later went on to fly aircraft like the MiG-29 and Su-27.
Key Features of the DCS: L-39 Albatros:
Our thanks to all who contributed to pay our website Quarterly Fees :
GolfSierra2, Luxlumen, PBB, Ronald_267748,
Supercic, Viper101, Zoogie45 and Zoomboy
it is thanks to guys like you , specially to Zoomboy and Supercic - that we manage quarter after quarter for these past ten years, to keep our website open .
- 12 replies
- 90 views
- 0 replies
- 64 views
- 0 replies
- 5 views
- 256 replies
- 28,308 views
- 313 replies
- 48,486 views
- 0 replies
- 5 views
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who Was Online
114 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours
Most members ever online in 24 hour was 132, last accomplished on .
- Abraham Georges
- big jo
- John Cox
- Maarten Peters
- sheref reda
Who's Online 11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)