• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

New WHQL Nvidia Drivers = Much Cooler Temps!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SinCityJet

SinCityJet

Site Contributor - Admin

• Moderators
  • 783 posts
  • Joined 07-March 06
  • Location20 miles West of Nellis AFB

Donator

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Brand new for February 21, 2012:

This is the first WHQL-certified driver from the R295 family of drivers. It is the recommended upgrade for all GeForce users, especially those playing the latest hot PC games like Battlefield 3, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. These drivers come packed with GeForce-exclusive performance and quality enhancements and are now Microsoft WHQL-certified.

Here's the link for 64 bit Vista or Windows 7.

On two different systems, running a single 480 or a pair of 570's in SLIs in open cases, these drivers (in beta form) dropped my idle and peak GPU temps by 20 degrees Celsius, and don't have the card fans running at 100% speed to keep below 105 degrees when running benchmarks in Nvidia Stereo @1080p.

Enjoy, but please don't burn up your graphics card just because you forgot to download a temperature & fan utility like EVGA Precision.

Then:

Now:

New PC: ASRockZ-77OC/3770K@4.5/32GDDR3@2133MHz/4*256G RAID0 SSD/4G RAM EVGA670

#2 Tom_Weiss

Tom_Weiss

Site Contributor - Admin

• Administrators
  • 9,199 posts
  • Joined 11-September 10

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

downloading - thanks, I hope this work because mine are running hot indeed.

#3 Tom_Weiss

Tom_Weiss

Site Contributor - Admin

• Administrators
  • 9,199 posts
  • Joined 11-September 10

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

It runs cooler indeed - only problem I had installing was the 3D drivers that I don't need, once I disabled that part it installed OK.

#4 SinCityJet

SinCityJet

Site Contributor - Admin

• Moderators
  • 783 posts
  • Joined 07-March 06
  • Location20 miles West of Nellis AFB

Donator

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

It runs cooler indeed - only problem I had installing was the 3D drivers that I don't need, once I disabled that part it installed OK.

Actually, after "upgrading" to the WHQL drivers listed above, I noticed a 3-5 degree increase over the beta drivers released several weeks ago. If heat is a huge issue for you, and you're not planning on running the "hot video games" mentioned by Nvidia above, the beta drivers here may actually be better. I just might roll back after doing some tests.

Then:

Now:

New PC: ASRockZ-77OC/3770K@4.5/32GDDR3@2133MHz/4*256G RAID0 SSD/4G RAM EVGA670

#5 Tom_Weiss

Tom_Weiss

Site Contributor - Admin

• Administrators
  • 9,199 posts
  • Joined 11-September 10

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Compared to what it was - it is great now, heat was really pouring out from it before I upgraded and now it is running cooler again, a few degrees won't make much of a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

free counters

LockOnFiles(LOF) website support by ADRIANO FARIA
SOSINVISION