Will lock on work with windows 7?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Will Lock on (any version) run with windows 7?

Posted

Posted

installed FC2 today on Windows 7 , took a beating ...

forgot that Starforce driver is incompatible, so I installed LO, FC1 then upgraded the Starforce driver - problem was that after that I applied the patch, that includes the old Starforce, so I had to uninstall the whole thing, repeat it all and fortunately it worked, or I would have been really angry ... :bang:

Posted

did you install as an admin

Vampyre

Posted

It runs wonderful with win7-64. :OK:

But, you must update starforce first, that is all.

There is a thread on this subject.

Posted

forgot that Starforce driver is incompatible, so I installed LO, FC1 then upgraded the Starforce driver - problem was that after that I applied the patch, that includes the old Starforce, so I had to uninstall the whole thing, repeat it all and fortunately it worked, or I would have been really angry ... :bang:

It's Ok Thomas, something for you

Posted

I have to do a reinstall very soon, I hate doing the dance of installing everything again. :help:

Posted

I have to do a reinstall very soon, I hate doing the dance of installing everything again. :help:

I hate that also, so I made an image with complete backup of the c drive and my flightsim drive on an external drive.

It can be done with widows 7 and it save lots of problems and time after system crashes or hardware crashes.

Perhaps something to consider for the future. :)

Posted

I hate that also, so I made an image with complete backup of the c drive and my flightsim drive on an external drive.

It can be done with widows 7 and it save lots of problems and time after system crashes or hardware crashes.

how did you do that!!

V

Posted

how did you do that!!

V

Try looking here, Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore

Posted

I know that, but by the time I remembered it, it was too late. I'll do that this time around, for sure. I got a program from Rugg a while back named acronis that does the same thing, but I don't have the latest version.